***Important information for scheduling. This morning (March 19) at 8:54 a.m. we were notified by the Oregon Board of Dentistry to only see patients on an emergency basis. Later that evening we received word from Gov. Brown's Executive Order we can reschedule no earlier than June 15th.
The American Dental Association defines "Urgent" as:
- Third-molar pain (wisdom teeth)
- Surgical postoperative infection or dry socket
- Abscess or swelling.
- Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma (irritating the tongue, etc.)
- Dental trauma. (accidents)
- Cementing a permanent crown if the temporary restoration is lost, broken or causing gum irritation.
Other things on their list: "Other emergency dental care includes extensive caries or defective restorations causing pain; suture removal; denture adjustments on radiation/oncology patients; denture adjustments or repairs when function impeded; replacing temporary filling on endo access openings in patients experiencing pain; and snipping or adjustments of an orthodontic wire or appliances piercing or ulcerating the oral mucosa." In other words, anything that is causing pain.
We can get through this! Give us a call and leave a message either on the mainline 503.391.9016 or on the doctor's after hours cell 971.599.9808 and we will get you taken care of!